RECIPROCITY AGREEMENT BETWEEN
THE INSTITUTE OF QUANTITY SURVEYORS, SRI LANKA
NEW ZEALAND INSTITUTE OF QUANTITY SURVEYORS
Whereas The Institute of Quantity Surveyors, Sri Lanka (IQSSL ) and the New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NZIQS) see benefits to members of both professional bodies in establishing a Reciprocity Agreement, the IQSSL and the NZIQS agree the following :
- A corporate member (Associate or Fellow) of the IQSSL who is a Sri Lankan national of good standing, may be elected as a Member (MNZIQS) of the NZIQS subject to :
- One year’s QS work experience in New Zealand as a probationary member in circumstances which will enable the NZIQS membership committee to confirm the professional activities undertaken ; and
- A professional competence interview conducted by qualified members of the NZIQS to assess the applicant’s knowledge of law and practice in New Zealand; and
- subsequent election to Fellowship being subject to the By-laws and Regulations of the NZIQS
- A qualified member (Member, Associate or Fellow ) of the NIQS who is a New Zealand national of good standing, may be elected as an Associate member (AIQSSL ) of the IQSSL subject to :
- One year’s QS work experience in Sri Lanka as a probationary member in circumstances which will enable the IQSSL membership committee to confirm the professional activities undertaken ; and
- A professional competence interview conducted by corporate members of the IQSSL to assess the applicant’s knowledge of law and practice in Sri Lanka; and
- Subsequent election to Fellowship being subject to the By-laws and Regulations of the IQSSL
- A qualified member of NZIQS who has been elected as a corporate member of IQSSL through this reciprocity agreement shall not be permitted to practice in Sri Lanka either as an individual or a Director or a Share holder or a Partner unless he/she teams up in terms of Law of the Land with a local partner who is a corporate member of IQSSL of Sri Lankan nationality.
- In the event that corporate/qualified member of the IQSSL and /or NZIQS has failed to adhere to condition 2 (d) above, it shall be treated as a violation of this Reciprocity Agreement as an individual thus making him/her liable for disciplinary action by the respective institution.
- This agreement does not apply to any member of the IQSSL or NZIQS who has been elected to membership of either body through a reciprocity agreement with other professional bodies.
- Each professional body will notify the other of any proposed merger or major constitutional change.
- Irrespective of the above, each professional body reserves the right to deny membership, or extend the practice period for any applicant under this agreement when in the opinion of that body, the applicant does not satisfy all their educational or membership criteria.
- The reciprocity Agreement will remain in force for an initial period 5 (five) years from date of signature therefore, where after the agreement will be subject to review and renewal by mutual agreement of the respective parties. Date Signed 25/07/2011.