Student Membership under Rule 17 (ii) is granted to persons who are not employed in Approved Employment but following a Quantity Surveying course recognised by the Institute as an undergraduate or student at the College of Quantity Surveying or a university, tertiary educational institution or any other educational institution recognized by the Institute. Student Members of this category, subject to other conditions, are not considered as Student members who are eligible candidates to sit for the examinations conducted by the Institute.
- APC – Assessment of Professional Competence.
- ATC – Assessment of Technical Competence.
- Accredited degrees - View the list of IQSSL Accredited Degrees here
- GMQE - View details of Graduate Member Qualifying Examination
Starting from 2019, for all purposes of APC and ATC, Approved Employment shall mean gaining of work experience under a Chartered Quantity Surveyor only. Any deviations to this will be considered only upon a written request made in that respect, on a case by case basis with no precedents.
Fellow Membership applicants are advised to refer Fellow Member Applications Assessment Form for Evaluatiors, to better understand how they should compile their submission.
It shall be noted that this graphical representation of “Route to Membership of IQSSL” is for purposes of general information only. Memberships are governed by Rules of the Institute of Quantity Surveyors, Sri Lanka, as may be applicable from time to time. For any relevant inquiries on Memberships, please forward your queries in brief to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members to all grades of membership shall be enroled by the Council of the Institute. No Member shall be enrolled unless a proper application on the prescribed form, has been received by the Secretary of the Institute.
- Corporate Members as above may use the following abbreviated designation after their names :-
- Fellow members - F.I.Q.S.SL
- Associate members - A.I.Q.S.SL
- Graduate members, Registered members, Technical members, Probationary members and Student members shall not be so designated and shall not be entitled to use anyof the Institute's recognised letters of qualification.